About Me

My photo
Proud to be a Mommy of a true Miracle Baby :) I love to QUILT and I love my Pittsburgh Steelers - but I LOVE BEING JACOB'S MOMMY most of all !!!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Valentines Day Gifts

The last few days have been pretty productive for me (sewing wise).....  I made my sister Timmi a Valentines Day ROUND table runner that she needed for her coffee table. She requested a custom size - and this is HER VALENTINE FABRIC THEME - it is the fabric that Mommy used in the past to make Timmi her other Valentines Day diningroom and kitchen table runners.  Timmi loves BROWN (I do too) - so she loves this pink & brown Valentines fabric for her home! She needed a 25" round table topper for her livingroom coffee table - so this is what I came up with.  I just used the "wheel of fortune" quilting block for the pattern and just left off the corner pieces that make it a square!

The flash really messes with the red,  sorry about that.

I also went over to Mommy's yesterday and she taught me how to make her Towel Toppers!!!  Mommy cut her finger with her rotary cutter the other day, so her finger is all bandaged up  :(  I feel so bad for her - it hurts her pretty bad and she keeps banging it on stuff which makes it hurts even worse  :(   But she is a trooper and keeps right on sewing and crocheting!  LOL   I'm thankful that she was able to give me another sewing lesson!  Thank you Mommy!!!  So I made a pair of these towel toppers for my neighbors! I might make a small table runner to match.... we will see.  Mommy hates the fabric - she doesnt like the BLACK in the valentine print - but I like it - and I hope my neighbors like it too!  LOL 


1 comment:

Susan said...

your round table topper came out great... Timmi is going to love it...
It was fun teaching you to make those towel toppers. You pick it up fast.. You are a good student.
love mommy