About Me

My photo
Proud to be a Mommy of a true Miracle Baby :) I love to QUILT and I love my Pittsburgh Steelers - but I LOVE BEING JACOB'S MOMMY most of all !!!

Friday, February 10, 2012

Liz's "Moments - Sew Along" - February assignment

The assignment for the month of February is a sewing tote on that SEW ALONG I joined on Liz's 'Moments' Blog!  Mommy and I went through her patterns and I really liked this pattern she had!  It is Butterick pattern B5006  I really liked the tote but I was afraid that the pleated pockets and everything would be too difficult for someone that doesnt know how to sew off of those brown paper patterns  LOL !  But Mommy wasnt afraid  :)  So after selecting our fabrics we got to work!  Mommy came over several days and we did our totes together step by step!  I'm not gonna lie - it was kinda hard! LOL  Even with Mommy standing right here explaining what I needed to do for each step - it was a little confusing (the directions I mean).......  BUT -- we got through it and had a good time all the while making the totes!  I had FUN  - even when I was pulling out seams  LOL. 

Mommy being here not only made making this tote POSSIBLE - but her being here made making this tote FUN! 

Here are some pics! 


This is the pic that I am going to turn in to Liz  for our February SEW ALONG assignment!!!


Front & Back of the sewing tote!!

This one is Mommy's !!   I LOVE LOVE the striped fabric in this tote!

Side by Side  (Whoop Whoop)  All that work..... AND PLEASED with our totes!!!  Now time to go tell Liz and show her pics of our February homework!  LOL

2 comments:

Susan said...

Amy you did a great job. You are a sewer,Seamstress. We did have fun making these. Soon you won't need my help. You will be teaching me
Love
mommy

MOMENTS Designs said...

Liz already knows and thinks you did a FABULOUS job!!!
I am really impressed that you tackled such a complicated pattern for your first time! If you could sew that....you can sew anything !!( with your Moms help!)
XXX