About Me

My photo
Proud to be a Mommy of a true Miracle Baby :) I love to QUILT and I love my Pittsburgh Steelers - but I LOVE BEING JACOB'S MOMMY most of all !!!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bags Bags Bags !

Momy made her own grocery/shopping bags a couple years ago.  She's really good about using them - she always remembers to take them in the grocery store and uses them instead of using those crappy plastic ones they give you!  Anyway - recently, I've had a few "incidents" with those grocery store plastic bags BREAKING on me and stuff falling out of my bag.  The final straw was when a jar of cheese wiz came out of one of my ripped bags and BROKE in the driveway!  I had a broken glass and goey cheese mess to clean up outside  :(  YUCK  Normally - I would just cry to Mommy and plead with her to make me a set of grocery bags like hers!....... BUT - since I've been sewing "stuff" other than just quilts - I thought....  hhhmmmmm......  maybe - just maybe I could make my own!!!  LOL  I asked Mommy for the directions and went to work!!!  Needless to say - I am LOVING the bag thing!  So far Ive made 5 bags!  After my first bag - I made me and Mommy matching bags for quiting/sewing/craft shopping.  Then I decided to get brave and deviate fom the pattern size and make a few CUSTOM SIZE bags to my needs (pretty much just BIGGER).....  Here are some pics!

MY FIRST BAG!!!  Mommy wasn't with me - so poor Mommy had to explain a few things to me over the phone!  LOL  I get frustrated when I've read a step more than 3 times and still stare at the paper and say "HUH??"....  LOL  But Mommy got me through my road blocks!!  Geez where would I be without Mommy!

Then I made these fabric/sewing/craft shopping bags for me and Mommy.  I dont think you can see - but Mommy's has BLUE thread and mine has PURPLE. 

This one was next!  I made it much bigger (and super deep) - and put REALLY LONG handles on this one!  Sometimes it's hard carrying everything you have to carry with a two year old in your arms too!  So it's nice to have long handles sometimes. I can sling this over my shoulder OR even dip my head & shoulder under and sling it in front of me if needed!

I'm having a GREAT TIME by the way, matching up fabric choices for the lining etc in these bags!  I LOVE LOVE matching up fabrics!

This is my last and so far my FAVORITE BAG!!  I added a POCKET to the front and to the back! I made it not as deep but wide and real boxy bottom!  I even added a piece of covered cardboard on the bottom for good support!

HAVING A BLAST MAKING BAGS!!!!


3 comments:

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

LOL What have we created. Liz and I got Amy to sew other than quilting and she loves it.. I know she would it was just to get her started What is great is that fabric helps Amy to be calm. great therapy. Amy has beome "THE BAG LADY"
love
Mommy

MOMENTS Designs said...

Amy, your bags are fabulous!! and what a great way to use up some fabric ( God knows you have enough ! LOL!
Keep sewing !!
XXX