About Me

My photo
Proud to be a Mommy of a true Miracle Baby :) I love to QUILT and I love my Pittsburgh Steelers - but I LOVE BEING JACOB'S MOMMY most of all !!!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Pincushions for Liz's Sew-A-Long

Our assignment for the month of April in Liz's Sew-A-Long was PINCUSHIONS!!!  Yay!!  Fun stuff  :)  I went over to Mommy's so that we could make our pincushions together.  I stuck with PURPLE again (my favorite color and the color of my quilting room).... and Mommy does her stuff in Blue.  We each made two pin cushions!  One was a cactus pattern and I forget the name of the other one we decided to do.  I decided to call it the 10 MINUTE PIN CUSHION.....LOL  You cut three circles the same size - three pieces of fabric - all circles - all the same size!  How easy is that?   We of course turned it into a slightly LONGER TIME SPENT project having fun playing with what embellishments we were going to use!  :)  But this was SUPER FUN for me......  being a quilter (not a sew'er) - I dont really get to mess with these pretty trims & laces & embelishments like that.  Mommy had a FULL SELECTION of stuff for me to pick from too - so I had a great time playing with different laces, ribbons, trims etc

Here is my cactus bloom pincushion


Here is my 10 minute pin cushion -
I'm calling this one my REGAL CROWN PIN CUSHION


Its fun to see how different the pincushions can look with just choosing different fabric and embelishments.  Here are my pincushions and Mommy's pincushions all together!!  I just LOVE the tape measure fabric Mommy used in hers!


HOW FUN RIGHT?????


1 comment:

Susan said...

you did a great job Amy